How do I use Google Analytics or Other Website Checking Tools?
Use Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools & More to Know Your Visitors
Wordpress, Weebly, Wix (and hundreds of others that don't even start with "w"!) - these services all make it easy to create a website quickly, easily and cheaply.
However, the excitement of rolling out a shiny new site can leave little time or headspace to think about the most important aspect of all - giving your visitors and prospects something they are actually looking for.
It's not difficult to give people what you think they are looking for. It requires a little more effort however to confidently say, by looking at real data, that you know what your prospects are looking for. A website review, keyword analysis, and other analytical checks can provide the information you need.
Website Review & Analytics: Common Obstacles
The most common obstacles to giving visitors and prospects what they are looking for:
- Feeling that customer needs are known, without any real evidence
- Unaware of, or not knowing how to use Google Analytics or Google Webmaster tools
- Not knowing how to find out what visitors want e.g. "I can't survey everyone!"
- Simply not thinking about it i.e. "If someone wants my service, they'll find me in a search" (whoa - dangerous thinking!)
Website Analysis & Review: How We Can Help
Every business brings something different to the table when discussing their understanding of what their customers and prospects are looking for. Following an assessment of your existing situation and any data you have available we will develop a comprehensive strategy which may include all of the following, or a tailored selection of these based on your unique needs:
- Identify rising "breakout" search terms related to your business so you know what is resonating now with your target audience and can get on the front foot of providing relevant content
- Review key social media pages related to your industry, such as competitor pages, to determine the most highly-engaging content for a similar audience to your own
- Analysis of the content of any contact form submissions made on your website (if this data is available) - as evidence of what people are writing to you asking
- Provide a list of easy to follow action items which can be diarised for completion straight away, weekly, monthly, and quarterly - to ensure you can kick it all off and keep it going!