Periscope Digital - Newcastle Digital Marketing Consultant
Periscope Digital - A Brief Background
Periscope Digital was created with a specific objective - to be the digital mind for non-digital businesses.
We created the business after many years of working in digital agency life and with businesses who shared common challenges. Often, needs were met with foreign digital-speak, or inaccessible budgets.
Periscope Digital is Newcastle based, but a truly online business. We most frequently work with Newcastle and Sydney based businesses, but geography is no boundary.
We do not have bricks and mortar infrastructure to pay for or full time salaried staff. However, our inbox is always open and you'll enjoy working with us.
About The Owner
Periscope Digital was started by Paul Doolan, a digital marketing specialist with more than 15 years experience in online marketing. Some quick facts:
- I've been actively involved in digital marketing since the days of Bulletin Board Systems (BBSs) in the 1990s.
- Since then I've experienced and engaged with the emergence of banner advertising, inception of Google, rise and fall of MySpace, rise and rise of Facebook, launch of the first iPhone, evolution of websites to mobile-friendly and responsive designs, creation and proliferation of apps, continual whirlpool of social media platforms, explosion of content marketing and lots in between.
- 7 years before the first iPhone, back in 2000, I wrote a thesis titled "How Do Ad Stimulus Characteristics and Web Site Involvement Affect Attitudes Towards and Memory of Internet Banner Advertising?"
- Since then I've been fortunate to have worked in a digital marketing capacity with the Seven Network, Toyota, Mercedes Benz, American Express, Telstra Bigpond, P&O Cruises, and many others.
- I've worked with small local businesses such as locksmiths and holiday parks (web and email marketing), state-wide government-funded tourism initiatives (native app development, web and email marketing), Australia-wide businesses (online performance improvement campaigns, web and email marketing), and global organisations (centralised native app development across iOS and Android devices, serving localised content based on user locations and preferences, CMS integrated responsive design websites, email marketing, social media campaigns)
- I started Periscope Digital out of a genuine interest in the continual evolution of digital marketing and strategy and wanting to help others in this area. My focus is on helping small and medium sized businesses overcome their digital challenges
- Periscope Digital is not my day job, but it puts a spring in my step sharing my knowledge and experience with others
- I am also a keyboard player and composer, proud father, and Commodore 64 nostalgic
Why The Name Periscope Digital?
The Oxford Dictionary defines a periscope as "an apparatus consisting of a tube attached to a set of mirrors or prisms, by which an observer (typically in a submerged submarine or behind a high obstacle) can see things that are otherwise out of sight".
Periscope Digital provides the insights needed for businesses to clearly see and overcome their digital obstacles.